Here is an incomplete list of more-or-less frequently requested features
that are not yet supported by the most recent Polygraph version.
- SMP scalability
- client-side routing support (e.g., FindProxyForURL and CARP)
- binary logs to XML conversion
- SMTP support
- support for large values of file descriptors on MS Windows
- overlapped I/O optimizations for MS Windows
- support for CNAME and other non-IP DNS responses
- better interface to configure/manage/monitor the tests
If the feature you need is on the list, there are two things you can do to
speedup its support: send us a source code patch or pay for the development.
We are pretty picky about code quality so please contact us before you start
working on a patch. If you cannot accelerate the development, please keep in
mind that some features are implemented by the Polygraph team without outside
sponsorship, so make sure your preferences are known.
If the feature you need is not on the list, please let us know.
The following features were removed from the list above since they are now
supported in one way or another.
- auto-comparison of the results from several similar tests (use cmp-lx.pl)
- FTP support
- SSL support
- IPv6 support
- NTLM proxy authentication support
- persistent working set (to
``resume'' or ``continue'' a test)
- robust results analysis tools that handle aborted tests (new reporter
- Message compression
- HTTP Cookies support
- foreign server-side support
- replaying of URL traces by clients
- HTTP PUT/POST support, with configurable request content
- HTTP/1.1 support