Re: I am having problems using an IPV6 address

From: Rick Jones <rick.jones2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:39:21 -0800

Netperf doesn't use inet_pton, just getaddrinfo() so i've not seen that
before. I'm not sure if that is a bug against inet_pton(), or an
enhancement to be filed against polygraph. IMO if linux getaddrinfo()
groks the %ethN then inet_pton() aught to at least be able to ignore the
%ethN part.

In the meantime though, it might be good to "wrap" inet_pton() in
polygraph with a routing that ignores the %ethN part and calls the real
inet_pton().

I've not looked at the source though - what does polygraph do with the
results of inet_pton(). Depending on what it is trying to do, it may
not be enough to ignore the %ethN bits...

rick jones