Re: Dummynet problem in setting up PolyMix-3

From: Alex Rousskov (rousskov@measurement-factory.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 09:29:07 MST

Terry,

        After installing generic FreeBSD kernel, you need to switch to
the optimized kernel that also has ipfw enabled. Did you do that? See
the "Kernel Config File" section at
        http://www.measurement-factory.com/docs/FreeBSD/

You can start with your GENERIC configuration file and apply the
recommended changes. This approach may leave some unneeded
drivers/modules in the kernel. Alternatively, you can start with our
CACHEOFF3 configuration file and add missing drivers (e.g., if you
have a non-Intel NIC) as needed.

Regardless of the approach, you will need to remake and install the
kernel with the new/updated file (as described in the section above)
and reboot.

HTH,

Alex.