Dummynet problem in setting up PolyMix-3

From: Sych, Terry (terry.sych@intel.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 09:16:08 MST

I ran into a problem in setting up Polygraph
for the first time. I'm using Polygraph 2.5.4
and FreeBSD from Measurement Factory. I'm
following the directions in "How to run
a Polymix-3 test" on the TMF website.

I get a "Protocol not available" error message
during all ipfw commands during the Dummynet
configuration. An example:
ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_FLUSH): Protocol not available

This is my first experience with FreeBSD. Did
I install the OS correctly? Do I need to configure
or enable the firewall first?

I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Terry Sych

--

3.5: Configure Dummynet On all polygraph clients, run: # ipfw -f flush On all polygraph servers, run # ipfw -f flush # ipfw pipe 1 config delay 40ms plr 0.0005 # ipfw pipe 2 config delay 40ms plr 0.0005 # ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to 10.X.0.0/16 in # ipfw add pipe 2 ip from 10.X.0.0/16 to any out Check your work! Ping a client from a server and you should see round trip times of about 80 msec.