Re: Clocks out of sync

From: Alex Rousskov (rousskov@measurement-factory.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 08:44:08 MST

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Didier SIMONAZZI wrote:

> I'm running Polygraph on a SOLARIS 8 system. Both the server and the
> client are on the same box.
>
> I have a lot of errors "Clocks out of sync" and with a mean delta time
> of 59.99 min.

It is a known fixed bug. Please see
 http://polygraph.ircache.net/cgi-bin/mail2html.cgi?fnames=20010101/1034
I also attached the same patch to this e-mail.

> After a while those messages tend to disappear.

Messages appear less often, but the errors do not:
  http://polygraph.ircache.net/doc/console.html#error_message_format

I have an unrelated question for you, prompted by your @sun.com
address. Do you know of any public documentation that describes how to
delete a logical interface on Solaris from a C program? Polygraph
version 2.6 creates IP aliases for the tests, but I am having trouble
_deleting_ old aliases on Solaris. If you can provide any info, please
reply off the list.

Thank you,