Re: Report generator tool error

From: Alex Rousskov (rousskov@measurement-factory.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 08:07:12 MST

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, venkateswaran wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Still I haven't solved it. I have
> configured 30min in polymix-1.pg to run polysrv and polyclt
> process. After 30 minutes polysrv process has stopped
> automatically. But polyclt process is keep on running.

You should use the "--idle_tout 5min" option on the server side, and
on the server side only. That will prevent servers from existing
before clients. If phase synchronization is enabled (and it is by
default), clients may not be able to finish when servers are not
running.

> what i should do to get the results using Report Generator tool.

        1. Get a successful run that finishes with a
           "shutdown reason: " line on the console.

        2. Follow instructions on the Web for generating the report.

        3. If the above does not work, contact my off the list
           and send me your compressed binary log.

> What i did is, I stopped polyclt process manually. Again i tried
> to get the results using this tool. I am getting the same error.

To stop polyclt manually, use INT signal: press Control-C if polyclt
is running in the foreground; type "kill -INT <polyclt's pid>"
otherwise. In both cases, polyclt should print a "shutdown reason: "
line indicating that it shuts down cleanly.