Re: The ip address hash patch for BSD

From: Duane Wessels (wessels@measurement-factory.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 13:58:57 MST

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Charles Hapsburg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to using BSD and have a question regarding the mentioned IP address
> hash patch. I am currently using FreeBSD 3.5.1 and have made all of the
> recommended configuration changes to the kernel except for the IP hash
> patch. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to patch the kernel?
> Also, I am having difficulty finding the patch itself, does anyone have a
> link to it?

You can find the patch here:

    http://www.measurement-factory.com/docs/FreeBSD/diff.txt

That patch also changes some kernel variables, so you may want to
edit out those changed before applying the patch.

To patch the kernel, you download that file, edit as necessary, then run
some commands like this:

        # cd /usr/src
        # patch < /tmp/diff.txt
        # cd /sys/compile/KERNELNAME