How do you decide the experiment was a successful one?
1. The log file reports the average rate reply and request rate and not the
rate at the peak phases.
2. Imagine the case where the request rate is supposed to be 400 req/s (1000
robots) but somehow the reply and request rate during the top phases stays
at 394 req/s. Obviously the experiment failed (am I wrong). How do you get
the info from the log file. By the way the number of errors in this case
can still be close to zero (see my next point).
3. Each robot is supposed to send 0.4 req/s. However the maximum number of
connections per robot is limited to 4 (polymix-2 script), therefore 1000
robots do not necessarily produces a 400 req/s rate - this will happen when
each robot has 4 opened connections active all the time and still did not
reach the 0.4 req/s rate.
4. Do you consider an experiment as a successful one even if the peak rate
is not reached during phase top1 and 2?
5. The request rates reported in the bakeoff2 document, are they average
over the 14 hours or rather phase top1 and 2 peak rates?
Thanks in advance,
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 12:00:12 MDT