Re: Analysis method(tool?)...

From: Alex Rousskov (rousskov@ircache.net)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 09:08:40 MST

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, 8823559 wrote:

> I am just wondering how you analyze the result data.

In our lab, we usually look at `lx' output and then plot traces for
request/reply rates, response time, hit ratios, errors, etc. Then we make
sure that we can explain everything we see. :)

> Is there some useful tools for you to do this job?...

Lx and a graphing tool like gnuplot are sufficient to do most of the
analysis. Also, we will probably release a "Report Generator" tool this
week. The tool does basic log processing for you.