IP allocation scheme

From: Alex Rousskov (rousskov@ircache.net)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 17:37:30 MST

Hi,

        The IP allocation scheme has been updated. There were no changes
to the old specs, but we are now able to precisely define the number of
robots and servers given the request rate. I know some vendors asked
about that. Please see
        http://polygraph.ircache.net/Workloads/PolyMix-2/#Sect:6.2
and related sections.

In the past, there were many arguments about what IP addressing to use
for the tests because no IP allocation scheme was defined. We will now
enforce the documented allocation scheme to reduce the number of
conflicts. I would recommend that you follow the "official" scheme.