Re: Delayed ACKs

From: Alex Rousskov (rousskov@ircache.net)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 11:48:49 MST

Hi there,

        We have received no opinions on the delayed ACK issue from the
bake-off participants. The external comments were strongly against
delaying ACKs, especially considering the large delay that FreeBSD is
using. Thus, we will continue to disable delayed ACKs option as before.
No changes to worry about.

For the future, we will look into decreasing the delayed ACK timeout
from the current value of 200msec and possibly using that new [much
smaller] value. Some operating systems (e.g. Solaris) already support
that.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread.