Re: Filling the cache - how?

From: Alex Rousskov (rousskov@ircache.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 14:17:35 MST

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Daniel Chandran wrote:

> Is the filling the cache a requirement for datacomm-1.pg?
> I am almost 1 hour into
> the run thru a reverse proxy, and I am seeing a 0% document hit ratio on the
> client side still.

Filling the cache is not required to get hits (with any workload). Your
proxy does not cache objects for some reason. A few messages explaining
how to debug this problem were posted on this list recently. You
probably have seen them.

Alex.

P.S. Filling the cache is required to get equal start conditions for
     all tests/vendors.