Re: Question

From: Alex Rousskov (
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 17:00:04 MST

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Sanjoy Paul wrote:

> I am running polysrv and polyclt as follows:
> polysrv --port 4000 --xact_think norm:3sec,1.5sec and
> polyclt --unique_urls 1 --ports 1024:30000 --proxy
> --origin --robots 2 --goal -1:5min:1000
> where polysrv is running on at port 4000.
> How do I figure out if things are running properly?

Since you are not testing a proxy at the moment (you have the same
settings for --proxy and --origin), your best bet is to enable more
verbose output using --verb_lvl option described at

This option can be used at both client and server side. It will print
run-time statistics that may help you with analysis. Level 3 is currently
the best for non-production tests. You can also enable logging using the
--log option and read the log using "lr" tool. The latter is under
construction though.

> Are the above set of commands correct?

Depends on what kind of traffic you want to simulate. Checkout the traffic
model described at

Looking through all the available options and other docs might help as
well. Good places to start are
and, perhaps,